Hey family! I just want to share this little nugget with ya!
Sooo, as I’ve been seeking to worship Abba Yah in spirit and in truth, I have been trying diligently to be even more conscious about taking care of this temple he has given me. With that being said, I was on the search for an alternative for rice. I made the transition and I have been eating brown rice for about three to four months, but I just wanted to see what else is available. I eat quinoa, but I like to mix it up a bit, therefore, the search was on. I was led to black rice and found out it has a long list of benefits like:
- high in antioxidants
- includes several nutrients and high in protein
- heart healthy (decreases plaque buildup in arteries)
- detoxifies and cleanses liver of toxic buildup
- good for eye health
- lowers risk of cancer
- helps lower glucose (blood sugar) levels
- decreases risk of fatty liver
- helps aid in weight loss by reducing appetite
A long list right? But, guess what else? I was pleasantly surprised; it actually taste good. This one’s a keeper for me (for the benefits alone:) Have you tried black rice? If so, please share.
Find out more about Black Rice (Forbidden Rice) here.